2013年10月28日星期一

Thinking of "Zen in the Art of Archery"

Recently I read some content in the book "Zen in the Art of Archery" and I have some similar ideas with the author.
The author found that most art of eastern country is not for the purpose of usability, such as archery. I believe it is true. Many art of China is for the purpose of cultivating the mind and being calm, such as Tea Ceremony, Chinese Calligraphy, Traditional Chinese Painting. Many artists of these art forms are not majoring in that, but they can find some common principles from art to use in their work.
The author thinks that the zen of art is ignoring the rule and being spiritual, following people's inner mind without distractions. I think it is true but hard to do. Most modern music is for public. Music is not just itself now, but more about the favor of audiences and acceptability. Also in many music classes, students need to learn many theories and rules of music. Although we need to learn the rule, but I think the more important thing is creativity, even breaking the rules. Ignoring the rules may be more difficult to students who learn music major. So I think following inner mind and being spiritual need our more attention to do than the knowledge and study of most regular music classes.
That's a part of my thinking now because I just read a little of this book, I can add more my thoughts in the following time.

没有评论:

发表评论